Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ode to Bear


My heart is tripping, giddy with excitement, flush with a feeling of success.

Silly, yes, but how fun! Today, when I opened this athenaeum of thoughts, I discovered my first follower - Huggy Bear. Welcome!!!

Who is this person, I wonder? I could click on Huggy’s link, but instead I find myself savoring the wonder; someone is interested enough in my tumbling thoughts to comment upon them.

Ah, the bear is a noble and stalwart creature. Impervious to human foibles. Strong, intimidating, dangerous. Yet, constructed in a design that humans find cuddly. An enigma.

Who is Huggy Bear?

2 comments:

Lovely's Page said...

Hi Wendy! First thank you so much for following my blogs, second for your sympathy we really need it at this time. You are really a good person with a good heart. Hope you are fine. Thanks for visiting my site.

Huggy Bear said...

Ahh...the anonymity of the web and the veil of mystery it provides. Who we are or who we want to be, isn't that what makes this medium, this correspondence, and this message so valued and fun? As for me, I'm a man who loves the integrity and consistency of passion over time. Passion and commitment to something, standing for something or someone, unwavering and timeless. In your case, it would seem to be for a place, called home. I wonder, as each generation evolves and society becomes more mobile, will the comfort of the sounds, smells, memories, and visions of home, where one grows up, be lost forever? Is it progress to lose the concept of what one's home used to mean to a previous generation? If its true....we can never go home again? What if we never truly left and we carry it with us wherever we go, like you do? How sad it makes me for the next generation who may never know or feel the passion, comfort, and loss you feel for "home".